View Single Post
Old 07-08-2003, 04:43 PM   #19
Wizwad
Only me...

Ahem,
< sticks head up from behind barricade >
and getting back to aquarium comparisons, I'll have to confess that I'm mostly running GA build 1618 these days. The fish may have a ways to go in terms of shiny scales, pectoral fins that do more than just doggy paddle and need more polygons; the plants may have a ways to go with regard to their colouring, alpha blending and flickering; the rocks may have a ways to go regarding the blue haze surrounding them. And this is not even a complete list of the areas where I feel improvement is needed.
Never-the-less, I find the swaying of the plants attractive, the fish quite realistic if I squint and the fact that it's a comletely 3D environment absolutely and most magnificently fabulous!!!!! (Hope I didn't go overboard on that last bit! ) And that's where it beats the Marine Aquarium. While I think Jim's fish are better, until he introduces the 3D background and the individual fish behaviour the GA takes the prize. (Usual caveats apply - i.e. IMHO) Once MA has these features I'm sure it'll sweep the floor with all the others excepting maybe the by then released FA. But until FA appears I'll just have to make do with GA, for it, somewhere along the line while I wasn't looking, has taken my heart.

< ducks back behind the barricade >
Mark
-----------
Intel i7 12700K | Aorus Z690 Pro | Corsair DDR5 5600 32GB | Asus Dual RTX3060ti 6GB v2 Mini OC | Corsair RM850 Gold PSU | 1TB NVMe M.2 WD Black SN850 | 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | Corsair Airflow 5000D Case | HP 32QHD 4K Monitor | Windows 11 x64 Professional
Wizwad is offline   Reply With Quote