View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 05:14 PM   #1407
Overlord
Registered

Giving Jim his due

Hello everyone. I've haven't been logged in for sometime but I am constantly keeping up with and nervously awaiting MA3. I wanted to commend Jim for his hard work, especially this last thread about getting a machine together for old 440 cards. I think this is wonderful. I just thought I would interject something and I mean no disrespect to anyone.
Yesterday the 9800gx2 came out and just before that the 9600gt. Which means that even nvidia 6 and 7 series cards are starting to sell for almost nothing. If people have an ancient graphics card with some problems you can pick one of these up for as little as 40 to 50 dollars or less depending on where you shop online. Newegg, tigerdirect, xoxide.com and directron.com are always having price wars. And that's just to name a few. But I do understand in these times that 50 dollars can be a great deal to some, myself included and may not be able to upgrade. So again, I want to commend Jim for bending over backwards for everyone. Says a lot about his character. Meanwhile I'll be watching in the wings.
Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote