View Single Post
Old 02-15-2008, 09:48 AM   #1190
cjmaddy
Registered

For those new to this forum or to news about MA3, I agree that this thread is a bit long now for newcomers to have to read through from the beginning! - But for an appreciation of what MA3 will be, as opposed to previous versions of Marine Aquarium, I recommend that you at least read the start, and in particular, the first post!

I don't personally think that MA3 should be classed as an upgrade of MA2.x at all. - It's a completely different animal, and as such could easily command a 'full price' charge, IMO! - Think what is being described! ... The fish will not just be moving within the scene, the scene will also be moving within your screen! - (Or screen[s], if you have two!). - Whilst the fish may appear superficially similar to MA2, they will be newly developed models. - Everything is new from the ground up!

If we must make comparisons with films, - why not compare a 1.33:1 Full Frame, with a 3D offering/Cinerama presentation, of a completely different movie? - Or say, "I've seen all the other Bond films, can I therefore see this latest one for 1/4 price?"

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Yeah, ....... I'd love to get my 4 hours back, let alone the money.  
..... I got the same feeling after sitting through, 'Lord of the Rings'
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote