View Single Post
Old 02-15-2008, 11:33 AM   #1192
F34R
Registered

I think it boils down to this. Things change. If you don't want to pay for the 3.0, then don't.

This reminds me of Directv in a way. Last year (06)when I first got the HD channels that were new, they told me that next year(07) there will be a new MPEG4 HD box, and that it would be a free upgrade as they were phasing out the boxes I was currently getting. Well, November of 07 rolled around, and I contacted them for the upgrade. They told me that the costs of the boxes had increased so much over the past year, that they couldn't offer them free anymore. I would have to actually pay $250 !!!! for the new box. This was mandatory for me to get the box if I wanted to get the new HD channels they were offering. If I didn't, I'd be paying the same amount of money for my 15 HD channels as I would for 100 HD channels. Well, I didn't pay for the upgrade, and everything ended up working in my favor....

Again, things change over the course of time, and as long as I'm told (in that case I wasn't) that the free upgrade won't be offered for a particular reason, I'm usually ok with that.

See my register date ? Yea, it's been a while. Over the course of the last two years, the price has now changed. I can certainly live with that.
F34R is offline   Reply With Quote