View Single Post
Old 10-15-2001, 05:21 AM   #10
BladeRunner
Registered

Re: More on the Banding, Jim / Feldon Check in please

No it's not the damper wires, I can live with them although annoying. This is banding effect in the colour fade from blue to green, (difference in colour as it goes up in all the blue and green background area). it also shows in the additional green area you see when in wireframe mode.

I guess it is something only I can see on my system (s) god knows why but I will try to view my image else where. I'm viewing the image in 32bit colour, the banding I get when looking at it in 16 bit colour is much worse than the banding I'm talking about. Again the image does not show the banding I'm getting as bad as it does when running the saver. It is more streaking with the slight colour differences less than a 3mm apart (in 1280 x 1024). This is not thick obvious banding you would see from across the room but subtly difference in the colour so it appears slightly stepped, not a pure colour fade, you'd have to look really close at the image to see it. This still isn't a totally accurate explanation as I can't explain it fully needs to be seen really......

Thanks everyone for taking the time to download the image and look at it, like I said maybe I have banding of the retina

Be getting 2x nVidia Reference GF3 Ti 500's in a few days I'll see if they make any difference.

Stealth Cooling Project
BladeRunner is offline   Reply With Quote