View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 11:11 PM   #63
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by Nicki:
Edit. Dale, you have a real talent when it comes to the details. If anyone could track down which drivers are missing yet necessary, it would be you. A little pet project perhaps?  
Thanks for the compliment. You may have noticed that I'm quite willing to help MA3 users try to track down their problems.

1. If I ever have the problem myself, then I'll try very hard to track down the solution.

2. Otherwise, I view this as a MA3 support issue. Folks in this forum tracked it down to the extent that we could (actually farther than might be expected). So, unless I have a personal need to solve it, it's up to Jim/Prolific.

2B. In the unlikely event that Jim/Prolific is willing to pay for a sound card like Terry has, I would be happy to try to duplicate Terry's configuration and then (if it exhibits the same symptoms) see 1. above.

3. I also have a small consulting business.

Note: I acknowledge Jim's quoting the "Try it before you buy it" policy. But that doesn't help people who have tried it, and bought it, and then install it on other computers in their household; or buy new computers or add-on hardware or upgrade to Wy - and then experience the problem.

The above is, of course, a lengthy way of saying "I'm not eager to spend any of my remaining minutes of existence" fixing a known problem for Prolific. (Uncompensated).
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote