Thread: Beta 10a issues
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 06:52 PM   #1
Haree78
Registered

Beta 10a issues

Hi all

I figure as this is a Beta forum you are looking for feedback if anyone finds bugs so anyway, thought I would hopefully help fix what is my all time favourite screen saver.

I'm using Vista 32 bit on a Dell M1730 Geforce M8800 SLI.

My first bug is strange. When I click Preview I can view the screen saver perfectly, looks lovely, haven't found anything to be a problem. However when I leave my computer to switch to screen saver from a time out I get a graphical oddity. Basically there is no background behind the coral, just black, but what is striking is that as the fish swim around the tank they are not redrawn over. So you see a trail of graphics where the fish has been. Like the wrong buffer is being drawn to screen, or rather the backdrop gradient blue colour is not redrawn to the main buffer before the rest of the 3D image.

The second bug I can investigate further if required but basically I have witnessed my PC ending the screen saver without me doing anything. I would call it a crash but it doesn't report to be one, the screen saver just ends. I cannot be 100% certain I didn't accidently move something but I'm 90%+ in the 2 cases I have seen it.

Sorry my first (well 2nd) post is a whine thread, you deserve better feedback than that but I hope this feedback can be of some value.
Haree78 is offline   Reply With Quote