View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 10:03 AM   #404
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Just to settle some curiosity. What you see now in the aquarium is pretty much the right side of the new tank. There are some changes and additions, but its probably 80% the same. The large pc. on the left in the current tank is even larger with a cave in it, and some other extras added in. Farther on to the left is a deeper area with more ground/shell in the front for movement, and several lines of smaller corals in the back. It looks very well balanced and should give more room for swimming, and much more additional room for the creatures that will be added later. There are more greens and colors, and it has more clams etc. that should show movement.

One question I have Jim is will the clams actually be able to move? ( I mean change position/placement in the tank, not only open and close ). I had some scallops in my old home tank and they moved by clacking their shells together and squirting water out of the back. It was kind of a squirt/jerk/jump/ float back down movement, but they did move. I eventually got rid of them because the down side to this was that when this happened they stirred up dust/shell from the bottom of the tank and it looked like a london fog in that area until it settled again.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote