View Single Post
Old 03-08-2003, 07:28 PM   #67
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Frankly, I don't think it's complete until there is a juvenile Queen Angel and adult Queen Angel available. Just my opinion of course.

Took me 4 hours sleep to realize that the brand new Queen Angel (photo) was the reference point for the original Queen Angel (hand-drawn) in version .99D.

Jim Sachs said:
I doubt if it would be the Picasso Trigger, though. This one looks EXACTLY like the ones in my local aquarium shop.
This is the one I've gone back and forth on with other people. The one in the Aquarium now is brown/tan with muted colors.

The Picasso <strike>(Humu Humu)</strike> Triggers I have seen have been soft white, picking up ambient blue and green colors from the surrounding environment, with parts of the flesh semi-transparent.

As for other fish I have commented about in the past (including the Addis Butterfly), it really comes down to the lighting.

Most tanks have a percentage of Actinic lighting which causes certain blue and white colorings on fish to phosphoresce a piercing blue. Also the fish colors are faintly skewed towards yellow/green.

Jim, I finally found a photo that depicts the Addis Butterfly very close to the way you have it in the Aquarium now. I imagine it is very subdued light with 0% actinic.

http://www.hk-fish.com/tanks/Ray_fi34.jpg (on the left)

I guess it is time for me to trot out these perennial favorites again. The fish on the right are Photoshop mock-ups of coloring that appeals to me...

What I'd like to know is whether we will be able to adjust actinic light % in the future and if this is something *you* want, Jim?
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

Last edited by feldon34; 03-09-2003 at 04:16 PM.
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote