View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 04:32 PM   #25
cjmaddy
Registered

r1wigs,
It has always been accepted that the Goldfish SS is more demanding than the Marine SS, but I don't understand why you did not notice the banding effect of the background, before. - Some sorts of banding can be difficult to see at times, check out this thread about MA from way back in 2001.

As my previous link shows, banding was a problem for a number of us in the early days of the Goldfish Aquarium but was easily cured by a change to 32bit. It is my opinion that with more recent cards and drivers, the effect is probably less likely to occur. The trouble is that this was so long ago! - There was another occasion on the beta forum, (which won't be available to all of you), which was due to applying AA in an attempt to reduce 'jaggles'. - If you do have any AA present, I would suggest you try it set for 'Off', or check the 'Application-controlled' box.

But as Michael has said, it is vital that we know more about the equipment and drivers that you are using, if we are to sort this problem out for you.

Edit: This was written before those last two posts. ... It now looks like we may get somewhere. ..... Good!
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote