View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 02:51 PM   #23
skypx
Dual Xeon

Originally posted by Dale:
First - please note that I never said you were using two monitors. Somebody else assumed that.

Now, did the change (above) affect the banding?

Otherwise, I still think you should check with nVidia support. The folks here are good, but we aren't nVidia. So, talking here about problems that are (fairly certainly) nVidia's, doesn't help fix them.

[If the code is (arguably) "standard", and many video cards/drivers/monitors display it OK, and some don't - perhaps.................]

Bottom line: I believe that an appropriate question for this forum to ask is: "What did the vendor say?"  
Dale I appreciate your help in trying to get this figured out. I will try to be detailed with my answers so hopefully I won't miss anything.

1. please note that I never said you were using two monitors. Somebody else assumed that.
Yes I understand, I was quoting Edgar's response.

2. did the change (above) affect the banding?
Increasing anisotropic filtering and antialiasing? No change.

I'm not the "expert" but I really don't think it's the monitor. I would have noticed abnormalities long ago, plus my laptop has the same effect.

Asus Rampage II Extreme|Intel Core i7 965|Corsair Dominator 6G|Western Digital VelociRaptor|Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB|Seagate Barracuda ES.2|EVGA 9800 GX2|LG GGW H20N|Sony BWU 300S|Pioneer DVR-215L|Logitech G9|Dell 3008WFP|Cooler Master Stacker 832|Thermaltake W0133RU
skypx is offline   Reply With Quote