View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 09:53 AM   #58
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

I think Edgar may be correct. I have seen this before in earlier versions of the aquarium on occasion. Generally with nVidia drivers only, and a change to 16 bit, or different driver versions usually corrects it.

What I don't know is why it had the effect with the aquarium only - when the same driver did not produce this result in other 3D apps at the time. Being as the aquarium has not been one of nVidia's priorities it was never fully resolved. This of course happened in other OS's than Vista previously, but in general terms has been "solved" to the extent that I haven't heard any complaints in the chatroom/help center that Morgan and I take care of in awhile so I figured it was for the most part resolved.

I think that it's resurfacing in this instance is tied to the OS Vista and all its new coding, and what I would consider "relatively" inexperienced drivers overall time-wise for that OS.

Personally my guess is that historically Vista is going to be heaped in as a "failed" OS along with Windows ME which was atrocious. If it was doing any good MS wouldn't be needing to produce commercials trying to convince people to use it.

Just MPO though.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote