View Single Post
Old 03-06-2004, 09:41 AM   #59
pvernam
wobbegong

2.01 crashes!

Great job! But I have a problem on my machine (Win XP Pro SP1 & DX9b on Athlon XP 1800+ with ATI AIW RADEON 8500DV): if I bring up the settings dialog (via the spacebar) in fullscreen mode and then click on OK (it doesn't seem to matter if I change any settings or not), then MA2.01 comes back up and crashes about 3 seconds later. It then crashes ~3 seconds after EVERY time it starts. I first did an uninstall and re-install to cure this, but then got into the same mode again. This time I found that if I started it and immediately pressed the F key to get into window mode before it crashed (I still get the "Send Error Report to MS" dialog, but the window mode MA stays alive), and then exit the window mode instance (via ESC or clicking on the X button), the problem is fixed and MA2.01 will now start up fine in fullscreen mode. I then found I could safely change settings when in fullscreen mode only if I first toggle to window mode, make my changes, and then toggle back to fullscreen mode. There's also a minor glitch in that, on the settings dialog window, the "OK" button overlaps the "Get updates and help at ..." button (I'm running at 1280x1024 with the large size (120 dpi) fonts).

My wife's machine (Win XP Pro SP1 & DX9b on Athlon XP 2600+ with nVidia GeForce4 Ti 4200) has NONE of these problems (she prefers 1152x864 with the Normal size (96 dpi) fonts), and MA2.01 works flawlessly on it.

I will be away for a week starting next Wed (3/10), so if anyone would like any further details (DxDiag report, etc.) please let me know before then.
pvernam is offline   Reply With Quote