View Single Post
Old 03-08-2004, 06:17 AM   #89
cjmaddy
Registered

Morgan,
After your comment on the 'Beta Testing suggestion' thread, (which I'm quite happy with, - no problem there! ), lets just make this joking abundantly clear! so no one else misunderstands. ( - this IS read all over the world!)

It makes a marked improvement!!!!! - Sod it! - Where've you been for the past few days?
That's British humour, - meaning, 'Well done! - just the job! - now if only you could have mentioned that earlier!!!'

Now to more serious testing! .....

I can't explain why Edgar's test version changed from at first only a very slight improvement, to a much better one! - Could it be linked to re-booting or something? I don't know!

Turning off 'Limit FPS', as Morgan suggests, also makes a worthwhile improvement.

Added together, it now means that a fps of 23/24 has gone up to 30/31 ........ very close to v1.1wide !!!!!

Dumb question from me now! - Why do we need 'Limit FPS' on MA2? - it makes no difference on my system, the CPU Usage is always around 80+% - what ever the FPS Limit setting is, - or even if there's none at all!

With information passing via PM's, emails, and the forum, (from four people), things are getting over complicated. - Is it OK to keep most of it here within this thread? ..... (IF any more is needed, that is!)

Morgan, - I recently sent you a PM regarding 'readme file/information/explanation' ...... all this is making that need all the more necessary! - IMO!

As for the FPS in MA2 MD(wide), compared to 1.1wide, ........ I consider it now solved!!!!!

Thanks for everyone's interest!

Drinks all round! .....
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote