Thread: 3d Glasses
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2002, 11:09 PM   #1
milo
Registered

Thumbs Down 3d Glasses

After all I've read about sore eyes and headaches I bought some 3d glasses and all I can say is WoW. As long as the monitor can be set at 100Hrz or higher the image is perfectly clear. The glasses really bring things to life on many games but the Aquarium has some problems. The worst is flashing bands of image at both sides of the monitor. They don't take up alot of screen space but they are still annoying. Except for the bands it looks great. The glasses show you everthing. The fish are beautiful 3d and you can clearly see that the corals are flats positioned at different depths. I never noticed before how the fish allways swim across the screen but only in a narrow space of depth. They never swim away or toward you. In all the 3d apps I've tried the foremost limit of the 3d effect is the screen and the depth of the 3d effect goes into the screen. The drivers for the glasses include a small demo for testing the setup. The demo shows a hallway that goes into the screen maybe 10 feet or more with objects moving up and down the hallway. Some of the objects come right out of the screen surface and hover between you and the screen. It looks so real you can reach out and touch it. The top of my wish list would be a 3d version of Aquarium were your fish would do the same. Fish swimming out of the screen at you would be so cool. How about it ?
milo is offline   Reply With Quote