View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 10:34 AM   #38
Jim Sachs
Developer

Lacking any better suggestions, I don't really see a downside to doing a 3D Blu-Ray. If I just had the knowlege of how to make one, the advantages would be several:

1. No programming is necessary, the program already puts out 3D, all I have to do is capture it and burn a disk.

2. There are thousands of 3D kiosks set up at major store chains, with hundreds of thousands of eyes looking at them every day.

3. There is virtually no other 3D content yet. Just by being one of the first, we'd get press coverage.

4. Samsung's entire international ad campaign ALREADY looks like they are using my Aquarium. They just might see it as a match made in heaven.

5. If even one manufacturer were to simply package my disk with their TV, it would be the only demo available for all the new owners to show their friends. The SereneScreen URL would be displayed once again.

6. All this could happen for just the price of a trip to Las Vegas. CES is only about 3 weeks off, and all the 3DTV companies will be displaying there. I'm hoping that just like in my old C-64 and Amiga days, I can easily slip into various booths and convince the floor workers to play my disk instead of whatever tired demo they are using. Eventually, company officials would wander through their own booth, and say, "Wow...what's THIS?"

Remember, the goal is not to sell 3D Blu-Ray disks (although I'd be surprised if we didn't sell 500 of them). The goal is to get noticed for little or no expenditure. I don't really care if the whole 3DTV industry is dead in a year, as long as a bunch of new customers are made aware of our product. As has always happened, any new influx of customers is self-sustaining for a long time, because they all become evangalists for SereneScreen.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote