View Single Post
Old 09-05-2004, 09:59 AM   #48
igohigh
Registered

While working at Sharp Electronics I was researching the competitor's equipment and saw HP giving away MOPY FISH with one of their printers (about 1996 I think), that lead me to the Virtual Tarantula by Global Beach (which BTW still LIVES on my PC!).
Not having any time to support my love for keeping Lion Fish (I traveled a lot then) I went on a search for a realistic aquarium for the PC. I found one, forget the name, at Fry's but it too required a LOT of work to keep the fish 'alive' and it didn't have a Lion Fish. Then I think it was Cnet or ZD-net (now one joined together) that I found Marine Aquarium. Not only was it realistic, and didn't require a lot of work to keep the fish alive, but it had a FANTASTICLY detailed Lion Fish!!
I played with the demo for a long time (about 2 or 3 years I think) before I saw it on someone's screen while working at Earthlink (just before they laid everyone off and sent our jobs overseas) and I noticed he had a Star Fish on his....? I asked how he got that? He said it was the registered version so I went looking for the site again and found it had moved to it's current home and purchased the full version. First and only screen saver I actually felt was worthy of paying money for. I don't really do 'screen savers' much as I make my own with Screen Saver Studio (Halloween 99; PCWorld's Editor's Pick of that year) but even that has become a rare event....But I LOVE my Marine Aquarium!!
And that's my story.
Vultures take the easy prey,
Hunters take the prize!
~The Jolly Rogers
igohigh is offline   Reply With Quote