Thread: Windows Vista Issue SS settings drops MA3
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 06:18 PM   #52
cjmaddy
Registered

Save time!... Read the last line first!

I've installed the above MarineAquarium3.exe and I get an entry for it in the Windows Screen Saver list.

Clicking on Preview shows it as - Beta9b. Clicking on Settings shows it to be - Version: T211.3.0.1727 - That's all fine. I'm happy with that.
However! - There is still a previous version in the Screen Saver list, (they are both called SereneScreen Marine Aquarium), but with the older one...
Clicking on Preview shows it as - Beta9. Clicking on Settings shows it to be - Version: T130.3.0.5097

I have done everything I can think of to delete ALL references to previous versions of Marine Aquarium 3 before I ran this new MarineAquarium3.exe
I uninstalled the previous Installer, cleared the registry, deleted all copies of Beta9, deleted all folders called Marine Aquarium 3, etc etc.
I am at a loss to know where the screen saver list gets the older name from! - Every time I delete the Marine Aquarium 3 folder from the Application Data folder and then run 'Preview' for the old version, a Marine Aquarium 3 folder returns to the Application Data folder.

I can find no way to get rid or the older T130.3.0.5097 version, in fact I don't know where it can be..... Anyone got any ideas?

Edit: I assume this download isn't only for Vista! ..... I'm on Win2000Pro.

Edit 2: Success! - I've deleted a file called MA3Beta.scr from the system32 folder. - T130.3.0.5097 is now gone!!! - At last!
(The file MarineAquarium3.scr is in the system32 folder. - AltLogo.png and MA3Playlist.lst are in the Application Data\Marine Aquarium 3\ folder.)

Last edited by cjmaddy; 02-20-2009 at 07:20 PM.
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote