View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 08:55 PM   #1
CheriePie
Registered

BUG: MA 3.2 won't exit, remains running as icon on taskbar

Has anyone else had this issue where Marine Aquarium fails to exit properly and remains running in the background, with its icon on the taskbar? When this happens, you can't even close it by right clicking on it's taskbar icon and clicking Close Window, which does nothing. Instead, I have to launch a Task Manager and manually kill the process.

Basically, I've been unable to run Marine Aquarium 3.2 on my Dell Studio XPS laptop for about 2 years now, pretty much ever since I moved to this new laptop from my old one. I was hoping that overtime something would change enough on my system that would allow it to start working right again but no such luck. And yes, I've updated my graphics drivers several times over the course of the last couple years and unfortunately it hasn't made the least bit of difference.

My laptop is a Dell Studio XPS 1645 with an Intel Core i7-720QM Quad processor at 1.6GHz and 6GB DDR3 memory. Graphics card is ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730 with 1GB of dedicated video RAM and display is 15.6 WLED. Operating system is Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit.

Is there anything in my config above that you would say is definitely the culprit? I'm sure several of you are running 64-bit Windows 7 so I doubt that's it. When it first stopped working I drove myself crazy trying to get it back, updating graphics drivers, running without Kaspersky Internet Security, and basically bringing my system down to nearly bare bones in an attempt to get Marine Aquarium to exit properly, all to no avail. Since I don't think I ever took the time to detail my problem out here, I figured I'd do so now since I am missing my little fishies!!

PS - Happy Holidays to All!
(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•♥.•´*.¸.•´*
`*.¸.*´♥ CheriePie )O( ♥
reviewsblogtwitter
CheriePie is offline   Reply With Quote