View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 04:14 PM   #4
CheriePie
Registered

Pressing Esc exhibits the behavior I detailed above.
Using the in-app mini-menu to exit is pretty much the same, with the addition of a small 3x3 ish window remaining on the desktop (about the size of the mini-menu) in addition to the taskbar icon. But again, it needs to be shut down via my task manager.

A few other things to note. Turning off panning and/or sound doesn't make a difference, nor does adjusting the video frame rate waaaaay down. I'm sure there's a million other things I've tried over the course of the last couple years--and possibly several I haven't thought of as well--so any ideas on what to investigate, or logs I can send for debugging, just let me know. I use TaskInfo as my task manager which gives me a good deal of detail about the system and it's processes, most of it which can be written or saved to a file. Plus the usual system logs of Windows 7, though I haven't seen anything useful in there.

PS - Yup, I did just update my location from Boston, MA to SF Bay Area, CA. Moving across the country was just one of several things that's kept me from taking the time before now to more thoroughly troubleshoot this by writing out here.
(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•♥.•´*.¸.•´*
`*.¸.*´♥ CheriePie )O( ♥
reviewsblogtwitter

Last edited by CheriePie; 12-21-2012 at 04:22 PM. Reason: added PS
CheriePie is offline   Reply With Quote