View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 07:04 PM   #831
Angalador
Registered

Burn In

I have used the same LCD monitor for over a year and a half. My computer is ON most of the time. Sometimes I'll remember to turn the screen saver on, but usually I don't because I sleep restlessly and will often wake, and check the progress of what ever I am doing on the computer and it is easier to leave the SCR off so I can just roll over.. look at my monitor, grunt, and go back to sleep. (When I do have it on.. those fish just rock! I have been known to just lay half drowsing on my bed, watching the aquarium... I totally love Marine Aquarium).

So for a year and a half my monitor has basically been running non stop. I see no burn in anywhere on it. Not the task bar, not the icons, not even my back ground image that is of one of my digital manipulations.

If others are experiencing Burn-In...

Anyway from my experience, no issues. What others might experience who knows. Not all comps are built the same, and not all settings are identical. You need to consider that for some, their settings will be much different than others and it may be the settings that starts the burn-in for LCD's...

My sister has her bright and gamma at what I consider to be nearly overpowering.. but she can't read the computer otherwise (vision problems).. I expect her new LCD will eventually experience something like burn-in because of it.

~A
Angalador is offline   Reply With Quote