View Single Post
Old 05-24-2006, 12:58 PM   #28
Osmosis_Blue
Registered

Angry my favorites

Hey just wanted to comment on the goldfish aquarium - I like it a lot!

I've been setting it up today and despite having a laptop everything seems to run just fine. (Laptop is only about 6 mnths old - a Dell)

I heard that goldfish bring good luck, especially financially, so I decided to get this screensaver. As a poor grad. student I need all the help I can get! (Also I lack the space and money for a decent real fishtank.)

I think even my "earlier" version is very well-done, and I like how the fish's fins are imperfect - varying in thickness and color like a real fish.

My favorite fish is Oreo, then Cali is my 2nd favorite. I agree with earlier posts that Ginger's tail is bent at an odd angle. Frieda - the simple comet, is small but very cute, and I do like her swimming style. Morgan has a special place because I used to have a real fish that looked just like her. The severe "humpback" of Brando and Moby is realistic (There are real fancy goldfish like that) - but I don't like them. Also Brando is too plain - but I guess he's included for people who like pure white animals. My sister's like that.

I set up the cycling tanks with the following combinations:
"lush" tank - ginger, monstro, jack, moby, elton
"med" tank - oreo, cali, frieda, minnie, morgan
"sparse" tank - oreo, ginger, cali, monstro, frieda

The "pond" setting allows almost all of them for me - and the fish look very different from the top-down angle, so I selected all of them, only avoiding the very dark ones. White shows up best against the blue.

Suggestion for Pond - some plants (water lilies perhaps?) would be nice.

Looking at the official site apparently I'm missing some of the fish because I only have version 1 - so I cannot comment on halley, julius, prince, or tilly. Going from the web shots however - all but halley have very short, compressed bodies- like they ran into the tank-glass one too many times. Perhaps it's just the images, or they are a type of variation I've never seen?
Osmosis_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote