View Single Post
Old 03-28-2003, 06:22 PM   #676
klaatu
Registered

Thumbs Up Lighting based on System Clock time

Long thread here, I didn't make it all the way through so please excuse me if I missed this being said lately.
I have seen the Wishlist where it says that this sort of time-based lighting idea isn't likely to happen. I sure would like to see that though. I use a wallpaper now which uses timelapse photography to show different scenes at all times of day/night so it's like being someplace else. It's something I always desire to see in a computer screensaver or wallpaper. I also have a 3D virtual desktop "world" that can change (clouds, sun, moon, lighting) according to the computer system clock.
Although I never have had an aquarium, my younger sister does and that's how I learned of the SereneScreen one because she was using it when I went for a Christmas visit. It's very good, something I find fascinatingly realistic. However, those lighting changes are too rapid for me, apparently having only a permanent setting if you choose not to have it set to automatic.
Great program, Jim Sachs! Hope to see other forms of this kind of thing done someday (hear there's a butterfly thing in the works).
klaatu is offline   Reply With Quote