View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 06:20 PM   #745
robnich
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
How gruesome - I think you've mis-read the whole SereneScreen thing

Anyway, real life has interfered with working on the Aquarium for a couple of days. My family is out of the country, and I'm remodeling the computer room. I got a pair of oak computer desks for $10 each at a garage sale last weekend. I'm hoping to get everything organized when I put it all back together. Should be a welcome change from the foot-high stack of papers I've been accumulating for the last few years.  
Jim -

Before you organize everything (maybe I'm too late) consider this: one of the most liberating things I ever did was one day long ago, when I was still a practicing physician, I called my wife and told her I would not be home for dinner until I had cleaned out my large old-fashioned oak desk which was bulging with years of accumulated papers, journals, reprints and assorted junk. Bit by bit I analyzed and reviewed each piece, deciding whether or not to throw it out. A couple of hours later, I had found that I had thrown out EVERYTHING! There was nothing left and my desk was pristine. If you don't use or read something for many months or years, you probably never will.

Cheers,

Bob N.
robnich is offline   Reply With Quote