View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 04:46 PM   #38
cjmaddy
Registered

Jim, I don't believe it's acoustic vs digital necessarily. - That RPO disc is a DDD from 1994. Most of that series are quite good! One of only a few series of recording, IMO, worth listening to that have been made post late 1950s early 1960s. Most of that set owe their quality to having been recorded in a suitable venue, as opposed to in a studio where the mixing desk is the only hope of producing a life-like so called stereo presentation. - The comparison to digital vs film photography, is none existent in my opinion. The nearest would be making a CD of an analog recording, which some think is still not possible. - But I've got a cupboard full that won me over some years ago! - The difference, being the original recording venues and the techniques used.

I am prepared to be won-over, but I seriously don't think it will ever happen. Point me in the direction of a recording, made entirely in a computer room, and I will give it a listen. But don't hold your breath, I'm very critical when it comes to recorded sound!
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote