View Single Post
Old 11-10-2001, 12:43 PM   #3
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Unless something has changed, $20 gives you a 3D background, more regular fish, and bug fixes. It does not give you invertebrates and specialty fish. My $20 vote option above would give you the boxed version AND any specialty creatures/invertebrates that are released in the following year. It really is a nice value added box. Obviously, the box would come with 1.0. This is basically a golden ticket for 1 year of ALL upgrades and add-ons.

I've clarified the poll answer to be more specific.

When people think of upgrades, they just ASSUME bug fixes and little add-ons. Adobe Photoshop, for example, doesn't come with free upgrades, but the bugfixes are just expected (and come frequently).

I was just doing some advance research that Prolific might want to look at. Like what value could Prolific add to the box (instead of just offering a price break) to make its purchase by current owners of the download-only version more attractive and more mutually beneficial.

I will confess my vote. I'd pay $35 to have an autographed version and coffee mug. And I mean a real signature, not photocopied. Obviously Jim would have to be agreeable to this. Perhaps a limited edition of 300 or 500 signed copies would be available to people who already purchased 99L or 1.0.

Again, just ideas.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

Last edited by feldon34; 11-10-2001 at 12:58 PM.
feldon34 is online now   Reply With Quote