View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 07:16 PM   #33
CheriePie
Registered

I've just gone multi-monitor

I recently hooked up my HDTV to my laptop via HDMI to play around with multi-monitor stuff. My config: (1) Dell XPS M1730 with NVidia GeForce 8700M GT running in 1920x1200x32 on 17" WUXGA flat panel display; (2) Toshiba Regza 32RV530U 60Hz running at 1920x1080p.

Prior to this setup, the only real hands-on experience I had working with multi-monitor stuff was used primarily in Clone mode (as opposed to DualView). So I want to start by getting my bearings straight on what all this is supposed to be able to do, and what it cannot do, before I start looking at whether or not MA is doing things properly.

So for starters, is it possible to actually run an app, like a video player or MA, in full screen on the secondary display only? Or can they only be run in window mode, and then the window resized to fill the screen? Because I'm having a hard time trying to accomplish the former with either a video player (VLC) or MA3, so I'm guessing my only option is dragging the application window to the secondary display and then resizing it larger, correct?

Of course, once I do that, that opens up a whole other can of worms, and I'm seeing behavior similar to what rps described above.

But before I expand further on that, let me just get the basics out of the way as I stated, and confirm what I asked in the first place... about attempting to run an app in full screen mode in the secondary display only (while driving it with the video card from the laptop).

Thanks!
CheriePie is offline   Reply With Quote