View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 06:32 AM   #36
CheriePie
Registered

Okay, gotcha! And I did manage to get the VLC player to play my movie in the secondary monitor (the HDTV) while leaving my primary monitor open for me to continue to work in. It appears the version I had was bugged, but the ability to do this is indeed application specific and many other video players support it including Windows Media Player and Winamp.

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
With many video cards, choosing Windowed mode, then stretching the window across both monitors will slow the program to a crawl. An exception to this seems to be nVidia Dual-View, which doesn't seem to slow down when part of the MA3 screen is on each monitor (at least on my system).  
Actually, I didn't have the window stretched across both screens, only over the Secondary. What I was trying to accomplish was to be able to continue to work on my laptop's primary display, while having the fishies running as big as possible in the second display only. So in this case, I'm not so much trying to run it as a ScreenSaver as opposed to just something to soothe me and keep me focused and sedated while I'm trying to write.

I'm using nVidia's DualView here myself , and just updated my drivers from Dell the other day too, sticking with their Dell approved drivers as opposed to getting the latest Forceware drivers right from the nVidia site. They're sometimes a couple versions behind by the time Dell authenticates them for their systems, so unless it's necessary for what I'm doing, I usually stick with the Dell-approved versions.

So yeah, I've been unable to get this multi-monitor config working the way I"d like to use it. Perhaps you'll say the way I want to use it is non-standard, and not a lot of people would want to use it this way, though I'd find that kind of hard to believe. Aren't there several others here who work on one display while running the fishies as big as possible in the other?
(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•♥.•´*.¸.•´*
`*.¸.*´♥ CheriePie )O( ♥
reviewsblogtwitter
CheriePie is offline   Reply With Quote