View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 08:50 PM   #31
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Rob,

No attack and no disrespect intended. Don't take my post the wrong way. I was merely trying to reiterate, that differences between fish of the same species, and differences between the age changes of the same species can be dramatic. Seems like we agree on this. I don't agree that any one photo can represent a species, especially during the transfer between juvenile and adult. Hence my suggestion for a search of multiple photos and your own judgement. I myself ran a salt tank for quite a number of years back in the 70's & 80's, and in addition helped a very good friend of mine with the largest salt aquarium store in town on occassion. I'm not a novice to the salt fish trade. But I will admit my experience is probably somewhat dated now. Hopefully within a year or so I plan on setting up another 180 here. Hope you are still around then, I might have a question or two.

But having seen Jim's work and learned his character over the last 6 1/2 years, I trust what he says. If he says thats what he used, then thats what he used, he has no reason to say anything otherwise. Its his creation after all. This does not preclude someone in the store from having made a mistake. I never said Jim was a marine biologist, just an honest man.

Your thoughts are always welcome, thats what this forum is for, but like Jim says; they all have to be redone for 3.0. This is mearly something else added into the mix and an extra point to watch for in the future release.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote