View Single Post
Old 12-08-2002, 11:10 AM   #13
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I'm very sorry folks, but if that screen shot is accurate, I think it looks hideous, - and who needs another clock?
It's accurate. That's also how the corporate Crystal version looks, and they're selling tens of thousands of copies.

As for who wants the clock? Many people. You say "who needs another clock" but the Aquarium ties up the entire screen, so you really only have one clock on the screen with this version.

I really don't like being negative, and mine is only a personal view of course, but it doesn't even look tasteful. This is not the high standard we have become accustomed to Jim, what happened!
This Aquarium is not intended for you. It is, like the Crystal version, intended for businesses who will not install the Aquarium otherwise. I'm surprised that you don't find it the most tasteful possible way to put a logo or clock. I know that's how I feel about it. Whenever I see clocks or logos in screen savers, they look abysmal. In the Aquarium, it's subtle.

Once again we are quibbling over something none of us will ever buy.

PS. Just to be a pest: I assume that Prolific did the work on this one? And that it wasn't at the expense of time spent on my 3D background or the Freshwater I am waiting to buy?
I recently had a 2 1/2 hour phone conversation with Reichart at Prolific. There are now SIXTEEN people working on the Aquarium and other similiar products.

Jim is working on one thing right now--the Freshwater Aquarium. Prolific is working on these Crystal and Time versions, as well as dual monitor support, a new Settings panel, etc. etc.

Michael (Jav400) and I have been quite depressed about the seeming lack of progress and/or stagnation over the last 9 months, but it has only appeared that way on the surface. In talking to Prolific, I understand that Jim had some things to take care of regarding his home during this summer, and that Prolific has been helping Jim as well as working on new products in a similar vein.

The last 9 months were tough for us early adopters, but I think the wait for new things is getting discernably shorter now. I know I am re-energized.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

Last edited by feldon34; 12-08-2002 at 11:13 AM.
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote