View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 08:40 AM   #37
Rick Simon
Registered

3 Highscores

Originally posted by CheriePie:
So yeah, I've been unable to get this multi-monitor config working the way I"d like to use it. Perhaps you'll say the way I want to use it is non-standard, and not a lot of people would want to use it this way, though I'd find that kind of hard to believe. Aren't there several others here who work on one display while running the fishies as big as possible in the other?  
Multimonitor setups are not all the same, nor do they all respond the same way (as you're finding out). The differences between the various video cards, drivers and configurations can result in widely different results.

As a for instance, I'm running a triple monitor setup here with two monitors being driven off of an ATI card and the third being driven by an NVidia card. With the current version of MA3 in windowed mode, the FPS rate is just fine on either of the ATI driven monitors while it drops to a horrible level when on the NVidia driven monitor or if the window touches more than one monitor simultaneously.

In the end, you'll need to experiment and find out what works best for you on your system.
Rick Simon is offline   Reply With Quote