View Single Post
Old 04-22-2003, 06:50 AM   #11
Lostboy
SquirrelFish

For a beta, this is awesome. Here’s my first impressions:

The Fish:
1) The fish aesthetics look great. Near perfection.
2) I love how they swim a lot from the background to the foreground and vice versa, so they're not always on a side view like the MA.
3) Their AI is pretty good, except that when they come to the sides or bottom of the tank, they always bump themselves. I'd be great if they'd slow down before slamming into the side.
4) I love how they don't go off the side, and stay within the screen.
5) When they shake their fins it doesn't look natural enough. I mean, the animation is terrific, but it looks like they shake for a few seconds, then pause for a few seconds, etc. So, better swimming AI would be good. (Although maybe I just don’t know fish enough. I’m not sure if they actually do this in real life).

The Tank:
1) I hope there's going to be a 3D version in the future.
2) My first impression was that something didn’t quite look right, but after playing with the options and turning the background black, that made a big difference. So in other words, I don't care for the blue/green background.
3) The plants are great compared to just a still picture of plants. However, when they do flow I have movement lines flowing through it (don't know how to explain it), which makes it look unreal.
4) The option of adding or removing the plants is great.

My overall impression is that this aquarium is amazing. I can't wait to see what the future holds!
Lostboy is offline   Reply With Quote