View Single Post
Old 02-21-2004, 09:10 PM   #9
alphaex32
Registered

honestly, I think you should turn this into a full fledged reef simulation, rather than just focusing on sharks. You can add dolphins, fish, rays, invertebrates, etc...
You seem to have a good system in place for the motion and space system in this, and I really would like to see a simulator which really does justice to the beauty and variety of species in a coral reef.
I have a few other ideas as well, such as a screensaver dedicated to palegic ocean life (whales, manta rays, sunfish, marlin, etc.). You could do another for deep sea stuff, which is something I would really love to see. You could have squid, jellyfish, tube worms, anglerfish, and other wierd stuff. I have yet to see a really impressive simulation that displays an entire ecosystem rather than just a tiny niche of life or an enclosed tank.

Also, I would like to say that I think the shark movement is already incredibly realistic (much more lifelike than sharkvisions, which looks really rigid). I would like to see more detailed and improved textures before the animation is improved. This is where I see sharkvisions shines...the sharks have very accurate lighting and textures as well as higher poly counts. Last, have you seen the specular lighting feature in the newer versions of aqua real? Could this be implemented into a screensaver like this?
alphaex32 is offline   Reply With Quote