View Single Post
Old 07-19-2004, 07:48 PM   #10
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I don't remember the site I initially found the Aquarium on, only that it was the 1st week of December. I couldn't spell saltwater fish at the time.

Out of frustration at not being able to pick them from a pictoral list (and my job), I spent a few hours looking up all the fish species in the Aquarium and ended up building a rough website with a guide to all the fish, a news page, and the original 2-page wishlist with 42 fish!

The rest, as we say, is history...

Here's part of the e-mail I got from Jim on December 11th, 2000:
Originally e-mailed by Jim Sachs
To: "Morgan Feldon" <feldon23@...>
Subject: Re: Complete Guide to Sachs Aquarium Fish
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 21:45:02 -0800

Wow - you've really put a lot of work into this! I am truly honored that you went to this effort, and I would be glad to put a link on my site.

In the next month or so I hope to be able to spend a couple of days re-working the SereneScreen site. Up to now it's just been a few minutes here and there between programming emergencies and 300 e-mails a day. Your site looks great, and shows what someone can do when they put some thought into it. Your list of the fish is almost exactly what I had planned.

Regarding your wishlist: The Percula Clown is coming soon, though it will be a "free swimmer" like the other fish until I can program a sea anemone (a major task). The Majestic Angel is a great candidate, and I will start looking for a suitable photo of that one. Also, a Clown Trigger will be in the next group, as will a Regal Tang. There will be about 10 more conventional fish before I start on the invertebrates.

Thanks again, and I'll keep in touch.

--- Jim Sachs
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote