View Single Post
Old 03-05-2003, 11:29 AM   #7
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Prolific to introduce Goldfish Aquarium
Prolific Publishing will be introducing a new goldfish-themed screen saver in the coming weeks, developed using the same tools which have been designed to help Jim Sachs in his creation of SereneScreen products.

The new Aquarium has been entirely created by Prolific artists/programmers and will initially arrive as a test version with:
  • 3 unique goldfish varying in size and shape
  • Individual fish behavior
  • Realistic swimming/fin physics and new collision avoidance

I have seen an early version of the GA and despite Reichart's insistance that it is a primitive version, I was simply stunned.

Goldfish don't do much for me and I don't want to build up too much hype, but I think Marine Aquarium users are going to be jealous of the GA for a while (at least until the same physics/behaviors are introduced into MA).

I'd have to say that and that there has finally been a successful marraige between "hard-coded" animation (which prevents the fish from 'snapping to' different animations but instead, seamlessly melding from one to another) and physics/math-driven animation which has, in the past, yielded jerky unrealistic or non-natural results.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

Last edited by feldon34; 03-08-2003 at 01:54 AM.
feldon34 is online now   Reply With Quote