View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 04:07 PM   #1373
cjmaddy
Registered

Jim/Morgan,

The background for 3.0 will no doubt be far superior in a number of ways, to what I was suggesting. And I have been looking forward to the two widescreens wide setup since the concept was first explained to us. But I shall be disappointed if it is required to have the two monitors running in Horizontal Span, as opposed to DualView. - The DualView I am referring to is nVidia DualView, provided in Display Properties when you have GeForce video card drivers installed whilst running Win2000Pro - Not the WindowsXP dual view, (which I have no experience of, and know nothing about), that is referred to here.

However, my reason for asking came about when it became obvious to me that it could not have been .NET (because it is not now required), that allowed Dream Aquarium to have independent setups for each monitor. - I was just imagining how nice it would be if MA2MD could similarly have a separate selection of fish, moving independently of each other, on each of two monitors. - (Or even the same selection, but moving independently).
I have no idea how feasible it would be, and obviously I haven't a clue how it is done in Dream Aquarium. But the effect, even with an identical background on each monitor, is most impressive! - If it was at all possible, I would rate it as very highly desirable.

If anyone else has not seen the way Dream Aquarium operates on two monitors, do try to see it, - it's magic! - It is not a clone on the second monitor, like MA2MD, it runs like a second tank, even with the same background and same fish selection.

Prolific have allowed the resolution and anamorphic values to be different on each monitor. What I am suggesting here is to take it a stage further and have the fish moving differently on each monitor! - The different background can come later!!! ..... Dream Aquarium have done it!
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote