View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 11:52 PM   #10
DavidLee
Registered

I'm just using the Frame Speed Slide Control in 2.6

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
How do you limit it to slow motion?  
I did notice that when set to 90 FPS the frame rate measured by pressing S reads actually about 76 FPS. Which makes more sense to me. I know that most programs only require 60 to 75 FPS to run smoothly. I may have a little background activity so maybe I could get by with just a little more than that. I have read that there is a config file prompt that sets max frame rate. Windows XP Pro 64-Bit does not use Config.sys it seems.At least a rudimentory search did not find the file. Could you lead me in the right direction or maybe there is a resident program that will allow me to set individual Frame Rate max's for different programs. Now there's a project for you guys with language and compiler skills and programs to play with?Love your Aquarium! My refresh is 85Hz but same problem at 60Hz so I think a frequency hum is not logical. I know it's not the Aquarium program but the 3D Frame Rate is too high and it effects this particular ATI card ( swapped with a 128Mg 9600XT and at same frame Rates the cheaper card had much less noise produced) Just looking for a solution without changing cards!

Last edited by DavidLee; 04-27-2008 at 12:44 AM. Reason: added refresh rate
DavidLee is offline   Reply With Quote