View Single Post
Old 05-18-2001, 09:58 AM   #29
hpman77
Blue Angel

About advanced configurations

Well, I readed this thred about three times, and just now realized one poing, about the newbies inside the 3d card configurations, and the options they couldn't understand... may I suggest, if it doesn't take too many kbytes (like particle bubbles instead of that textures), to be in a separate config dialog. Something like the "Advanced" button on some games, and by default, all those settings would be set to off, so assure the best compatibility. Then, ppl able to use them, can go there and turn on the options they want to see, and check if their card can handle them.
There coud be also some presets, default to max compatibility, low, medium, high and highest detail, that would turn on/off some of the options.

Just an idea, but that way ppl with incredible 3d card, or advanced user, or newbies, could have the aquarium working as they want a nice way to keep everybody happy

It's my opinion what do you think?
.:: AMD Athlon XP 1700+ :: 512MB SDRAM :: Windows XP SP1 :: shappire ATI radeon 9600 PRO :: Soundblaster Live Player 5.1 :: Directx 9.0 :: (Always latest drivers for everything) ::.
hpman77 is offline   Reply With Quote