Thread: The Logos
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2004, 11:13 PM   #217
igohigh
Registered

I'm a no expert on PSP but here's one way it can be done.

1) File->New Image and make sure the box near the bottom for 'Transparent' is checked and select your size, in this case 256x256.

2) Now create a new layer by clicking Layers->New Raster Layer (or by right clicking in the layer pallette and click New Raster Layer).

3) Now you have your base to resize your image and paste onto (keep it aprox 220x220 so you don't go off the edge of the crystal).

4) Now this is where I like to increase the Brightness and Contrast, more on the contrast and only a little on the brighness but every image will differ. Access these settings via Adjust->Brightness and Contrast->Brightness and Contrast.

5) Finally I also like to drop the Opacity of the image so it blends nicely with the crystal, I drop it just so the whole image (dark areas) can be seen through, you have to visualize a fish swimming behind the crystal. Lower the opacity by clicking Layers->Properties and adjust to about %62~%75 (also can be accessed by right clicking on the layer pallette and select Properties)

6) To save out the PNG click File->Save As and then scroll down and fing "Portable Network Graphic (*.png)', Do NOT select the first 'PNG' you see as the correct format is a little further down the list.

Hope that helps, like I said I don't do PSP much, mostly PSD.
Vultures take the easy prey,
Hunters take the prize!
~The Jolly Rogers
igohigh is offline   Reply With Quote