Thread: GeForce2 MX
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2001, 05:02 AM   #8
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

Re: GeForce2 MX

Thanks for the input Morgan (and everyone else!). It's true Morgan, the TNT1 is fine for the most part, but the type of games I play and the level of fps/resolution I would like to see the aquarium run at are not possible on the TNT.

Right now I run the aquarium in 800x600 with around 75fps which is ideal speed as far as I am concerned, but not the res I would like to run it at which is 1024x768. Since you and I have virtually identical systems, you know what we get at 1024x768, roughly 42fps. To me it's just not smooth enough, still seems a bit slower than I like to see. I do have dual Voodoo 2's running in SLI which will generate next gen fps, but not the features that most current games need, so even though the next version of the aquarium will run very fast for me, I still need the extra features.

As for games, well I've been playing Tribes since it first came out and I'm looking forward to Tribes 2 which is coming out very soon and I can almost gaurantee you it wont run too well on the TNT1 since it's likely to make use of the next gen features found in the GeForce line of cards.

As I said, this is just a temporary fix until I can afford a new system in maybe a year. Until then a video upgrade is just fine since I've still got a system with enough power to handle most current apps.

Anyway, one more question, can anyone tell me about the GeForce 2 DDR (not GTS)? Is it still around or has it been replaced by the MX or another model? I was using one at my previous job and thought it was a really nice card, but I'm sure it's been sidelined by a newer model.

- DL
Steve
www.tron-sector.com - www.badcartridge.com - www.classicgaming.com - www.dinofish.com
Today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday...
Digital Lungfish is offline   Reply With Quote