View Single Post
Old 03-06-2003, 07:06 AM   #8
James
Principal Engineer as SDET

Location: Was in Auckland, New Zealand, Now in Taipei, Taiwan
I was expecting that flag might lead to dispute to the Chinese ppl, especially for those chinese ppl from mainland china, they might castigate the flag is not internationally recognized, they done this on sooooooooooo many event on soooooooooo many contries include NZ, I remember one time back to few yrs ago, a senior personal from china visit NZ but refuse to go into a building due to that building's hall was hanging the Taiwanese flag, and this makes the NZ government a dilemma.

it's very world famous that china ppl want to wipe out the taiwanese ppl's mark in any type of form include flag in every country.

however, they cannot fight with it on a software, for example, ICQ Lite download site has Taiwanese flag sign as an indicator for traditional chinese version for download. there r other example too, like Red Hat Linux, but on this one, they did fight with, they ask Red Hat company to remove the flag from langauge preference page, there has been a big fight back there, I dunno the ending but I beleive that the software developer has its own right to put any flag he/she/they like to implemented.

I hope prolific can include that flag and won't bow their head down to china ppl.

however, don't reply me with any political issue regard to this, I hate politics a lot, and I don't wanna waste my time on arguing about which is realy chinese flag, this is the chinese ppl's shame anyway, fighting wth their own.
James C Chen
Principal Engineer as SDET, Connected Services
HTC Corporation
88 Section 3. Zhongxing Road
Xindian District, New Taipei City 231, Taiwan
www.htc.com
James is offline   Reply With Quote