View Single Post
Old 04-26-2001, 01:03 PM   #193
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Tropicarium

Ingo!

It seems like someone's exaggerated a little bit when they told you about Tropicarium. The largest sharks they keep there are Sand tiger sharks - Odontaspis taurus (Carcharhinus taurus). As far as I know, noone has ever been able to keep a Great White in captivity, but if I'm wrong, I'm sure someone in this community will enlighten me.

Anyway, Tropicarium seems like a interesting aquarium and I'll visit it as soon as I find enough free time. Thanks for the tip!

I don't know where in Sweden you live, but if you happen to be in the vicinities of el Stockholmo, I recommend you to take a trip to Djurgården and visit Aquaria. It's in the old Wasa museum next to Gröna Lund. They've got this Green Moray Eel that is just huge! He didn't swim around in the tank but the three feet of him that was out of the cave for me to see were absolutely massive!

/Tiny

Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote