View Single Post
Old 07-02-2001, 11:19 AM   #319
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

Re: Chase-cam feature

"DL, I don't know if you've ever seen a screensaver called VR Man's Aquarium, but it had exactly the kind of chase cam feature you describe. The screensaver featured a completely 3D freshwater aquarium that was in a small room."

Ah yes, VRMAN. I used to follow his screensaver efforts with a fair amount of interest and yes I do remember his fish screensaver, not a bad piece of work. Then he dropped his site and decided to share another one with some friends (www.3amigos.com or something to that effect), but now I believe they're gone.

As for your comments about the issues he had with his screensavers (camera cuts, angles, quality of fish models and textures compared to Jim's, clipping, etc.), I completely agree. However, at the very least I will give him points for making his screensavers fairly interactive which kept them interesting.

He had several other screensavers as well which included a flight screensaver that showed a person flying remote controlled airplanes and I remember another he had that was in development, a space-based screensaver which was going to show an intersteller war between several different races, but I don't believe he ever finished it.

The one screensaver of his that graced my PC screens fairly often was 3D TidalForces. You can still find at:

www.3dfiles.com/screensav...rces.shtml

- DL
Steve
www.tron-sector.com - www.badcartridge.com - www.classicgaming.com - www.dinofish.com
Today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday...
Digital Lungfish is offline   Reply With Quote