Thread: Disappointed
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2003, 07:16 PM   #30
kona001
New Husband and new Aquarium

Angry

I agree with feldon, flash memory is getting cheaper every day. I respect Jim for keeping his older computers working this long and not feeling the need to upgrade if his old machines are doing what he wants them to do. And I also agree that keeping the aquarium a small file size overall and keeping the minimum system requirements so every computer is able to run it is something hardly anybody cares to look at anymore. To make people with 300 dollar graphics cards happy, with a 3d background, if you wanted to add antialiasing and anistropic filtering to the new version it would make a difference to how it would look. I'm wondering if Jim is going to test the screensaver with those extra nvidia settings enabled to see if it really does improve anything, or make it look bad or worse. However I'm still happy to say that the original 99 and 1.1 versions look great just the way they are.

And hey, you spend 50 to 100 bucks for a lionfish in the store, and much more to keep it alive. It is worth spending 10 bucks to download it on an aquarium that costs as much as a 20 gallon tank would in a store. It's just like the video game console concept. You buy the console, and if theres a game you like, you buy it. I think this is better overall for the longevity of the aquarium and make upgrading a thing of the past. And this would make Jim work really hard to getting those new extra fish look even better, giving people sneak peeks at how they would look like to make people salivate when they see it.
kona001 is offline   Reply With Quote