Thread: Developer Notes
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 05:55 PM   #221
Rick Simon
Registered

3 Highscores

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
You second render unit is only painting down to the gravel, and reporting that size window to my program, which (believing what it is told) paints the background down to 77% of that size. Since the reported window size is too short, so is the background size.

This is one of many multi-monitor problems that I have no idea how to fix. The nVidia DualView scheme opens up another can of worms.  
I almost wonder if it would help to build some sort of "Advanced/Manual Multimonitor Setup" dialog tab. Your current routines appear to work in most cases but apparently fail in others under particular circumstances. Perhaps a way for the user to manually enter in/modify some of the variables your routines rely on would help resolve things in those cases. In that way, the current automatic process would do the job for most, while tinkering with/fine tuning some of the variables may help "fix" the more problematic ones.

Granted, it's not an ideal situation and may be frustrating for some of your customers. On the other hand, it's my impression that most multimonitor setups are being used (or are supported) by people with a bit more experience than todays average computer user. Having to tinker with things to get them to run "right" on their setups is something they are much more likely to be familiar with.

Just my $0.02 worth....
Rick Simon is offline   Reply With Quote