Thread: Developer Notes
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 11:29 PM   #363
Rick Simon
Registered

3 Highscores

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Oh, that's what KVM means
I'm not entirely sure that the system is not being confused by this. Even though the switches are external, the data flows two ways. When the system is booted up, it senses what type type of monitor is attached to what video card, and fills in a database of capabilities. I don't know if DirectX is smart enough to sense a change in configuration.  

While I was sure that is not the case here, I've done enough trouble shooting in the past to want to double check. I just shut down my main system and restarted it, all with the switches configured to leave the 3rd monitor connected throughout. It made no difference.

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Just grasping at straws here, but that's what happens when I'm looking right at something which would seem impossible. The code seems very clear - if the object shows up at all on a monitor, it should be moving. It's like counting your fingers, and coming up with 11. Logic says it can't be right, but there it is...  
Been there, done that, have the missing hair on top to show for it. If it would help, I can put together a full set of facts about this system so you know the exact configuration. The part that gets me is that while the scene is panning, the gorgonia moves properly as far as the slight perspective shifting. It's just missing the motion you added in to simulate current/surf conditions. I'm not familiar with 3D rendering programs but I'm going to assume that means the camera motion is being properly rendered. I don't know if that is of any help though.

Rick Simon is offline   Reply With Quote