Thread: Developer Notes
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 11:51 AM   #378
Jim Sachs
Developer

Beta9, and all "BetaBetas", will always be at http://www.fish-byte.com/MA3Beta.zip.

Regarding your previous questions: There will be announcments here in the Forum, and they can be installed over previous versions.

I know that many are wondering why there are so few announcements and so little hoopla regarding MA3. You'd have to look pretty closely at the SereneScreen homepage to even notice that it's talking about MA3 instead of MA2.6 now.

MA3 is still a Beta program, and many things have changed very quickly in the whole website/order-processing chain. We'd really rather have these initial orders trickle in while we test the whole system, instead of a deluge of activity. SereneScreen.com already gets 10,000-12,000 hits a day even in these low-volume times, so we want to make sure the new servers are up to a ten-fold increase.

Once everything is running smoothly and I get a few more features in the program, things will change dramatically. I'm designing a radically different website for SereneScreen which is more in keeping with the direction I want to take the brand.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote