View Single Post
Old 06-23-2002, 04:00 AM   #11
techmater
Registered

Originally posted by feldon23

You know, because of these types of entitled attitudes, I wish Jim had made the 3D background a separate add-on.

I'd be curious to hear your reaction about the fact that Jim spent several weeks designing the SereneScreen logo and artwork for the carton and jewel case for the CD-ROM version of the Aquarium?

How do you feel about the fact that Jim is considering working on animation and special effects shots for feature films?

I'd gladly pay for the 3D background if it was offered as an add-on! I signed onboard this venture BEFORE it skyrocketed...

You're reading me wrong...I've got nothing against Jim..I respect his phenominal talents...It's just that I've heard talk about a butterflies screen saver, and a terrarium screen saver and this and that....for a while the fish were happening quite frequently and changes were fairly common. Maybe I was fooled into thinking that all of this stuff was going to happen in a reasonably steady manner...apparently not... especially if the marketing aspects of this venture are taking away time for the further expansion of his ideas.

Several weeks to design a box logo and CD jewel case artwork is just what I'm trying to point out... maybe the 3D background could have been finalized instead...

It just seems to me that the business end of things is starting to steer the course of this wonderful product. I just hope that the creator's focus isn't dulled by the business money machine and it's relentless requirement for a constantly increasing profit margin.

I'm a loyal believer in Jim's talents and I'll check back from time to time to see if any progress has been made and PAY for whatever is being offered beyond the initial fee. Maybe once the business issues are worked out, all of those great ideas of his will become reality... however, I'll believe it when I see it...
techmater is offline   Reply With Quote