View Single Post
Old 05-15-2001, 06:18 PM   #8
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Re: In my humble opinion...

Panning is not a workaround. It is a choice.

More fish at the present size of the tank and present size of the fish is extremely unrealistic and would look silly. In a real tank, the fish would be killing/eating each other anyway.

Would you prefer smaller coral and more, smaller fish? I think if you took a poll of this forum, you'd have an overwhelming majority voting no to making the fish smaller. I already wish they were bigger!!

Jim would like to add more coral and a few more fish at once, but not at the expense of smaller graphics. So he wants to widen the tank to double the width of the current display.

As a side effect, Jim may crank up the # of fish to 10. Also, having a wider tank gives him more room to put the Octopus and Eel coves and other places for fish to hide or hang out.

Jim is not "working around" anything. He could put all 18 fish on the screen right now.

I guess the "look how cool my 3D card is, it can display 25 fish" brigade is fairly well-represented here.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote