View Single Post
Old 05-15-2001, 11:12 PM   #9
Coelacanth
Thought to be Extinct

Re: In my humble opinion...

Morgan...I am NOT part of the "look how cool my 3D card is, it can display 25 fish (even though that many fish -- at least large ones -- would indeed look silly) brigade", and I resent the condescending remark.

Perhaps I didn't state it clearly enough the first time around, though I thought I did, but all I was asking for was a simple option to increase the number of ANIMALS -- repeat, ANIMALS, NOT NECESSARILY FULL-SIZED FISH -- on screen at any one time. The logic being that a GeForce3 could display more than 7 fish very well (and I have a 21-inch monitor, so I *wouldn't* mind having slightly smaller fish), but more than that, it could also display other things such as waving soft coral, pulsing Xenia, small creatures such as snails and even bristleworms, and other details as an option for people that have these cards.

It was just what I thought would be a logical suggestion. I am NOT suggesting a ridiculous overcrowding of the tank. I am NOT suggesting that panning wouldn't be a cool OPTION. And I am certainly NOT suggesting that I want these features only so I can say to people, "My card can move more fish around the screen than yours can." That is NOT the point. The point is to make a detailed aquarium which as many REALISTIC moving things as possible. It just seemed to me that a chip like the GeForce3 could facilitate that goal quite well -- and these could be "power" options within the screensaver. Silly? I think not.
Coelacanth is offline   Reply With Quote